This is the part where the awaited holiday experience starts.
We arrived in Kalibo Airport on the 3rd of September boarded in a Cebu Pacific Airlines.
I have booked all our flights with Cebu Pacific because of its cheaper Promo Sales.
I have done it months before our holiday and have been impressed with the service. Well there are some cases where it’s a bit delayed but it’s not that bad.
There are two airports that you can choose from in going to Boracay Island:
- only small aircraft can land at this airport
- the closest airport to Boracay
- has limited schedule of flights
- passengers are given a limited luggage allowance of 10kgs
- more costly airfare than Kalibo
- From Caticlan airport you can either take a tricycle or just walk (10 minutes) to Caticlan Jetty Port.
- is the main airport that connects international flights
- the runway is able to land larger aircraft
- It is about 2 hours ride to Caticlan Jetty Port
- 5-15 minutes ride until you step foot on the finest sand of Boracay
Once we picked up our luggages we were able to quickly purchase a transport package from Southwest Travels outside the airport terminal. For just 1,800 each pesos we will be transported to Caticlan Jetty port through a van that also includes fee for jetty and Terminal. Best thing of choosing this package is that you’ll have a worry-free travel since they will drop you off and on directly infront of the hotel you’re staying.
Lesson learned never bring heavy baggage in going to Boracay. Both of us brought around 19 kgs each so it really is a pain in the arse.
We are so glad for the helpful porters who are very muscle-ly enough to carry our luggage from the boat to the surface. (make sure to prepare a couple of change to give “tips” to the porters)
The sky is so clear and the sun was so inviting as we step foot to the Island. I haven’t expected that Boracay will greet us perfectly. Days before the trip I was constantly checking the weather forecast worried about the predicted thunderstorms and rainshowers but boy I am lucky to brought some sunshine from Dubai!