Requirements for passport renewal:
- Personal appearance
- E-passport application form (all filled up)
- Original passport
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your visa
Steps for passport renewal:
- Register and make a booking for appointment here. An email confirmation will be sent to you. I was scheduled 10:50 on a Sunday.
- On the day of the appointment proceed to the Encoder 2 area where you will need to submit your requirements for checking (took less than 5 mins)
- Proceed to the cashier and pay 240 dirhams.
- Proceed to the next door which is called Encoding. Join the queue – there you will have your picture taken and details to be recorded. Make sure to check all entered details. (20 mins)
- Once all done, the staff will give you the copy of the receipt and your passport back. They will tell you to check on their website for updates of released passports. New passports will be released 8 weeks from the appointment date. Make sure not to lose the receipt as you need it to collect.
There you go. It took me less than an hour to finish the application which is really impressive. For now I’m hoping to get mine sooner 🙂
I was told that some were able to collect new passports for just 3 weeks! So the advice is to keep monitoring the list. I received my passport after 15 days.
Philippine Consulate in Dubai
35 Beirut St. Ext. No. 2
Al Qusais 3 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
P.O. Box 94778
Tel. No. + 971 4 2207100
Fax No. + 971 4 2207800
Take red line metro to Union then transfer to green line bound to Etisalat and off at Al Qusais station. Take a taxi worth 12 dirhams. Usually taxis will know where Philippine consult is. Travel is only 5 mins.